Saturday, January 9

Not Mean To Be

There it was. Last one on the rack. Size XS. At my local Target store. The ribcage dress. For the uninitiated: Rodarte for Target ribcage print sequined black dress.

That was probably the only good thing that has come out of years of Target's collaborations with major designers. Most of these projects I would deem major failures -- decent design, pathetic materialisation / fabrication, and inconsistent sizing. Yes, I'm talking to you Anna Sui and your dubious Gossip Girl collection. And you too, Carlos Falchi -- those bags were ugly.

But I said "was". I guess I was so caught up with keeping in my recession guidelines that I did not grab this when it came out before Christmas. When I saw it today, I knew I had to have it. It looked even better than its already spectacular self in the promotional ads that floated around in Fall 2009.

Well I could zip the dress up but it was way too snug to step out in public. Major regrets. Now I have it on my mind all the time. Original retail $49.99. It is available on eBay for an average of $79.99.

le sigh

Moral of the story: you know what is the moral of the story.

No comments: