Thursday, February 12

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I saw this yesterday at a pre-screening hosted for the company. I was surprised we were able to score two pre-screenings in a row. Someone in Marketing and/or Merchandising must be working very hard. We even managed to be in the movie; I wonder how much that "product placement" spot cost us, since we've been in a loss position for the last two years and it wasn't even declared a recession then. Ah, corporate America.

So, yes, this is a chick flick. You can be mean and call this Sex and the City lite. I'll defend this one and say SATC is about love. This one is about money and more appropriately, about debt, which most of us have in this recession. I felt very guilty after watching the show because I know I have an enormous Amex bill this month. I've always been diligent in paying the entire balance every month but I wonder if I should when the next payment deadline comes in about 10 days.

My bill is a good double of what I usually swipe. Where do I get this extra money from; my ass?

I feel like Rebecca Bloomwood in that sense. So where is my gorgeous Englishman Hugh Dancey. Gawd, he's so cute. Ladies, watch this movie for the Englishman. You will not be disappointed. Move aside, Orlando Bloom!

1 comment:

red.door.read said...

credit cards are tools sent by the devil you know!!! [said in crazy old lady voice]