Tuesday, February 10

Going, going, going

The bailout plan is in lockdown. Republicans want it another way, Democrats want what the Republicans don't. I guess you can forget about your stimulus check. The stock market has been tumbling all day.

No more buying nice things. I'm been looking at some of the junk I've set aside to sell on eBay, and recently I've taken an active role in making sure those items get into auctions and sales are closed. If Barack can't generate money for me, I guess I'll have to count on Meg Whitman's former place of work to help me out. Like the economy, sales are a little slow on eBay too. I start all auctions at 99 cents and I notice the things that sell the best are still the good ole luxury items that I'm willing to part with.

So back to the first line of the second paragraph: I won't stop buying nice things. I'm just going to buy them less often. Apparently I can still sell them for a great deal even after the economy has tanked. I guess all those French and Italian handbags are investments after all.

No comments: