Saturday, February 14

Valentine's is for Lovers

Dior daylight robbery Happy Valentine's Day to all out there. I spend all of today in the office and will be clocking another full day of work tomorrow. Yes, it is the weekend here. We tax accountants just love to line our numbers up.

I'm lucky to be employed and even luckier to have Mr. O around, as he's not the superficially romantic type and he abhors things like "this special day of love". Okay, okay. Obviously I'm rationalising things into his point of view. I would like some "surprise" dinner and gifts and flowers on days that are not my birthday or Christmas. Who doesn't? Come on men, even you like "pleasant surprises" as well. Yes, and "happy endings". Let's have more of the nice stuff the other 364 days of the year, other than February 14.

I told Mr. O women like Valentine's Day no matter what they've said about it before. Women also like flowers, regardless of how expensive or cheap they are. I did tell him I read or heard somewhere that flowers are to women what blow jobs are to men. I think that statement is so accurate that people who wish to remain in a happy relationship need only follow that mantra.

Now if only Valentine's Day will hurry up and be done with itself. Then all the chocolates at Godiva will go on sale.

1 comment:

red.door.read said...

good point. both want the flowers/job but neither want to have to ASK for them.